Saturday, May 15, 2010

Today, I am thankful for my health. I am thankful for my fiance and my families health.

I am humbled by what I saw today.

Today, at the hospital, I met a woman in her early twenties with two adorably rambunctious children. Her husband is in the hospital with cancer. You can look at him and know he has cancer. He is in his early twenties as well, but he looks about fourty because he is so sick. They are such a sweet family. Because I am soon to be married, it made me feel even more for that family. That could be me, or someone I know. These are the things people don't dare dream about when they say "I do". I cannot imagine what the wife is feeling, knowing that she has to care for her sick husband and young children. I cannot imagine being the husband and feeling the weight of cancer and providing for a family, wondering how your loved ones will manage if you don't make it.

Oh, my heart breaks for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment